1.25.2010

days #22-#25

i've been off the grid, indulging a growing passion:
bob, a team of PHX creatives, & i made a full microshort this weekend.

we've been making films together since we met:
he directs, i write, & we make magic happen.
it's tough working so closely & intensely sometimes,
and we've learned a lot about teamwork through it all.

i guess my passion for making films goes hand-in-hand with my passion for my marriage.
i see them as linked, since they have been since day 1.
i mean, we met because of a video camera!
(for that story, here is the article.)

my trouble is that i can be extremely passionate,
and when something goes awry i don't know how else to react but to smother my flame.
it's like i'm saying,
"if this isn't going to go my way, i'll just pretend i don't care at all."
self-sabotage.
neither films nor good marriages get made that way.

this year, passion means keeping the flame alive even when the wind blows,
the oxygen is all but gone,
and all i want to do is snuff out the wick.
it means fanning the flame & believing that a fire can result.