2.08.2010

days #31-39

it's been a long, hard week.
lots of driving & busyness,
mixed with trying to settle emotions stirred up by all the activity.
i don't tend to be an extremely emotional person,
so enduring emotional upheaval is a true test of patience for me.

but this unsettlement within me allowed me a window into something i rarely examine:
i was able to tune into how i feel about events, behaviors, etc.
typically, i'd make a quick decision about the situation & move on,
but being in this emotional place gave me an entirely different vantage point.

for example,
things that annoy me usually just get ignored by me,
but by checking into the feelings being triggered i could understand why i was annoyed.
my body was trying to give me messages to help me.

so this past week i learned to be a better listener to myself.
by working to know my feelings,
i can take on a new p.o.v. to open myself up to new possibilities.

i mean, what's passion without some emotion?