8.30.2014

What Everyone Needs in Their Medicine Cabinet

Last night, I had a pretty scary reaction due to a medication/pregnancy hormone interaction, and it threw one more grievance on top of my massive pile of maternity issues. But what I've found to be most effective in combating the vacuum of self-pity isn't Tylenol or ginger essential oil or urgent calls to my midwife. It's gratitude. It's trust my loving Daddy is sovereign & is always with me & using this all to His glory.

Some of you may know about the heart-altering dream I had in my early twenties about embracing family life; needless to say, Daddy grabbed my attention at a place & time when I couldn't escape Him, and He gave me a glimpse of the joy of motherhood to whet my taste for it - for the first time ever.

Today, I get to constantly experience the indescribable love & satisfaction of being a mom, and I owe it all to Him. He knew what I needed then, and how to get a stubborn me to it. So I am practicing gratitude & faith that He will get me to the next point, regardless of what trials stand in the way.